Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Is this the right place to request that SendEmailMessage not be deprecated

• Leithy
  • Leithy's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #216996 by Leithy
Hi there

We're developing an API extension to expose function SendEmailMessage in application/helpers/common_helper.php so we can allow a confirmation email to be sent to non-tokenised respondents who have completed a survey.

In the code, it suggests this function will be deprecated in LS version 4 or 5. Is this the right place to put the case for not deprecating the function?

Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by Leithy.
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
2 years 10 months ago #216999 by DenisChenu
My own opinion : this function is currently deprecated. I think we must remove it in version 6.

This function was NEVER officially in external system API versipon, then : no reason to keep it.

We can npot keep all function used by all dev … working on their own system.

You want someting fixed ? Add it to github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/blob/ma...er/LimesurveyApi.php .

Make a

1. Feature request : community.limesurvey.org/feature-request/
2. A pull request to add an LimeSurvey\PluginManager::SendEmail function (for example)

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • Leithy
More
2 years 10 months ago #217000 by Leithy
"This function was NEVER officially in external system API versipon"

Why do you think that was out of interest?
  • DenisChenu
  • Away
More
2 years 10 months ago #217004 by DenisChenu
Did i say something like this ?

A lot of function are renamed, updated, fixed etc …

If we need to keep all function for any orther dev : we still have 5 years old broken function for «compatibility».

And clearly : i think have a REAL good system for mailing is a great solution (check on my repo the number of plugoin using email : gitlab.com/SondagesPro/mailing )

Currently : All usage of Question model, Answer model and QuestionGroup model are broken : because adding i10n table.

Then: with your logic : we have to create compatibility function for other dev ?

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • Leithy
More
2 years 10 months ago #217009 by Leithy
"Currently : All usage of Question model, Answer model and QuestionGroup model are broken : because adding i10n table."

That's interesting, is that something developers should be aware of?

"Then: with your logic : we have to create compatibility function for other dev ?"

I'm not sure I have any philosophical position on this, interested to understand what you mean though.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose