Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Sending confirmation email

• Jmantysalo
  • Jmantysalo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 4 months ago #208008 by Jmantysalo
Sending confirmation email was created by Jmantysalo
As we know, it is possible but not trivial to send an email to the person who has taken the survey: add a question with code, say, "email" and put {email} to the Send basic admin notification email to -field (and modify the email accordingly).

Should there be an easier way? Like a dropbox showing question codes of questions of type short free text and a new email template.
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 4 months ago #208021 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Sending confirmation email
Why is this "not trivial"? It seems simple to me.

Regarding your suggestion, no, I think this would add unecessary complications. If you use a dropdown for that setting, how would you enter a custom address?

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • Jmantysalo
  • Jmantysalo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 4 months ago #208024 by Jmantysalo
Replied by Jmantysalo on topic Sending confirmation email

tpartner wrote: Why is this "not trivial"? It seems simple to me.

??? Have you ever tried to explain this to a normal user? In my vocabulary it is very far from trivial.

Regarding your suggestion, no, I think this would add unecessary complications. If you use a dropdown for that setting, how would you enter a custom address?

I am quite sure that in 99 % of cases the confirmation ("Thank you for registering...") would be sent to an email directly given by the respondent. Of course there might be special cases, like "Please give your user account here" and then email to "{account}@ourorganization.example", but for those the current method would still work.
  • DenisChenu
More
3 years 4 months ago #208029 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Sending confirmation email

Jmantysalo wrote: I am quite sure that in 99 % of cases the confirmation ("Thank you for registering...") would be sent to an email directly given by the respondent. Of course there might be special cases, like "Please give your user account here" and then email to "{account}@ourorganization.example", but for those the current method would still work.

Donc't remove a feature adding another one ...

Best solution : create allow to use something like the dropdpown in HTML editor. But : with a extra click : leave text input like currentlky.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose