Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Error Saving Results

• egisupport
  • egisupport's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 5 months ago #191260 by egisupport
Replied by egisupport on topic Error Saving Results
Thanks. If I get a chance I'll run up a fresh copy of LS3 in a dev environment and test it to try and get a handle on what it does.
The topic has been locked.
  • egisupport
  • egisupport's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 8 months ago #204008 by egisupport
Replied by egisupport on topic Error Saving Results
Just thought seen as I was here I'd post an update on this. It appears this problem occurs if someone starts a survey in one browser, completes it in another browser and then goes back to the first browser and tries to complete it once again.

Odd behaviour I know.

The problem is exacerbated by a our load balancer causing two session files being created because each browser gets a different session due to being unrecognised.

However that should not make a difference once the survey has been closed the second session should be invalidated when the user attempts to load the page. As it is LS tries to put the data into the DB and its only then that it fails and sends a message to the administrator instead of simply advising the user that this survey has already been done.
  • DenisChenu
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 7 months ago #204510 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Error Saving Results

egisupport wrote: Just thought seen as I was here I'd post an update on this. It appears this problem occurs if someone starts a survey in one browser, completes it in another browser and then goes back to the first browser and tries to complete it once again.

Yes : multiple access is always a pain …

It's the reason why relmoadAnyResponse plugin add a control before reload a response (by token too)
gitlab.com/SondagesPro/coreAndTools/relo...AnyResponse.php#L935

In such case : if browser #1 are not closed, user receive a 409 header when try to open on a second browser.

With a delay.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose