Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

An error occurred while generating the checksums.

• Familienbefrager
  • Familienbefrager's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 11 months ago #226719 by Familienbefrager
An error occurred while generating the checksums. was created by Familienbefrager
I wanted to execute the ComfortUpdate. Unfortunately, it aborted with an error.

What do I have to do?

===

Server error! An error occurred while generating the checksums. Please contact the LimeSurvey team.

Re: Support inquiry from contact-cloud form
Hello,

Thank you for your message. It appears that you are using LimeSurvey Community Edition.

LimeSurvey is a free open-source software with hundreds of thousands of installations. For this reason, we can only provide support to customers who subscribe to our LimeSurvey Cloud Services. 

===
System InformationIhre Systemkonfiguration:
  • LimeSurvey Version
  • LimeSurvey Build
  • Betriebssystem
    Linux dd44428 5.4.0-105-generic #119-Ubuntu SMP Mon Mar 7 18:49:24 UTC 2022 x86_64
  • PHP Version
  • Webserver-Name
    www.familienbefrager.de
  • Webserver-Software
    Apache
  • Webserver-Informationen
  • Datenbanktreiber
    mysql
  • Datenbanktreiberversion
    mysqlnd 7.4.28
  • Datenbankserver-Information
    Uptime: 403776 Threads: 15 Questions: 109520942 Slow queries: 45 Opens: 241395 Open tables: 4096 Queries per second avg: 271.241
  • Datenbankserver-Version
    5.5.5-10.5.15-MariaDB-1:10.5.15+maria~focal-log
===
Die folgenden LimeSurvey Aktualisierungen sind verfügbar:LimeSurvey VersionZweigAktualisierungstyp 5.3.7 (220328)StabilSicherheitsupdate

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• holch
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
1 year 11 months ago #226722 by holch
If you are a paying customer of the "comfort update" you should be able to get support from Limesurvey GmbH. Here in the forum, we are mainly users that help users, but we have no way to help with Comfort Update, which is a service of Limesurvey GmbH.

At some point you probably clicked something wrong during the support ticket process.

"Nicht abwimmeln lassen".

This is nothing the forum can resolve. The error message specifically says that you should get in touch with the "Limesurvey Team".

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• holch
  • Away
More
1 year 11 months ago #226723 by holch

I have a problem with my Community Edition, or Comfort Update
We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems.

Have a look at our Help Center. Hopefully, you will find a solution there.

We do not offer any direct support for LimeSurvey Community Edition - but our LimeSurvey Partners offer professional services for LimeSurvey CE. Please visit the Official Partner website and contact a Partner of your choice.

We do offer technical support for ComfortUpdate for subscribers to our ComfortUpdate service.

If you experience problems with your ComfortUpdate function, please open a ticket in our support tracker.

So if you go to support on limesurvey.org, there are 4 different boxes. You click the bottom left one which says "I need help with Limesurvey Community Edition and/or comfort update", a message pop-up (see text above) and says that you should open a support ticket with a link.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu

More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #229383 by karld
Hello,

I have met the same problem while attempting to upgrade from version 3.15.0+181008 to version 3.28:

I have opened two tickets (one with this account and another one with our account at work which pays the annual fee for the comfortupdate), but the answer from LimeSurvey GmbH was that no support is offered for the comfortupdate script (as we use a self-hosted instance).

First answer:

Thank you for using LimeSurvey!

In that situation, please contact your IT or survey administrator for assistance. Please note that we only provide support to customers who subscribe to our LimeSurvey Cloud Services.

Second answer:

LimeSurvey is available in two versions. The professional hosting LimeSurvey Cloud and the free and self-hosted open source version LimeSurvey Community Edition (CE).

Unfortunately, it appears that you are using LimeSurvey CE. So please contact your IT or survey administrator for assistance. Please note that we only provide support to customers who subscribe to our LimeSurvey Cloud Services.

So, it seems that we are left to ourselves even though we pay for the ComfortUpdate.

I find this unfortunate. 
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by karld. Reason: removed bloat added after submitting

• holch
  • Away
More
1 year 9 months ago #229384 by holch
This sounds weird. I would have guessed that the ComfortUpdate also receives support. Maybe the person did not read your ticket properly?

• holch
  • Away
More
1 year 9 months ago #229385 by holch
As ComfortUpdate is a feature developed by Limesurvey GmbH we have not real insight into what is going on there. Here in the forum the help comes in 99% of the cases from other users for the community edition, but I think this issue can only be solved by Limesurvey GmbH. I have raised a questin about this, let's see what they answer. My guess is, the support employee did not read your support ticket properly, just saw Community Edition and send a standard answer. But let's see what the answer is.

The following user(s) said Thank You: karld

• holch
  • Away
More
1 year 9 months ago #229386 by holch
In any way, I would also try to start the update again and see if it goes away. Sometimes "hickups" happen.

The following user(s) said Thank You: karld

More
1 year 9 months ago #229438 by karld

In any way, I would also try to start the update again and see if it goes away. Sometimes "hickups" happen.

Indeed, I tried again and the update went through.
Hopefully everything is in order now.

Thank you very much.

• holch
  • Away
More
1 year 9 months ago #229443 by holch
By the way, I have not received 100% confirmation, but I was told that the information the support person gave you is wrong. There IS support for paying customers of Comfort Update.

More
1 year 9 months ago #229444 by karld
Good to hear it, thanks for the information.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose