Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Comparing to Surveypal (or other survey system)

• Jmantysalo
  • Jmantysalo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
1 year 3 weeks ago #241652 by Jmantysalo
Sometimes I get questions like "Can we use LimeSurvey, as we don't want system X anymore". I suppose others get those too. Is there anything I could send a link to? For example MS Forms and Google Forms are much faster if you have no prior experience of survey making and just want to make a quick form having three questions. OTOH they are extremely limited. But what about, say, Surveypal?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 weeks ago #241660 by jelo
I'm unsure what your question is. You get asked if LimeSurvey can replace another survey system.
Are you looking for articles which compare surveysystems featurewise? Haven't used Surveypal cause the pricing is not attractive (29 EUR per month and minimum of 20 users result into 580 EUR per month).If you have to automate feedback and user measurement in a bigger company with many touchpoints it might is an attractive tool. Looks like a complete different market than what is LimeSurvey in.

A metric seldom discussed is how much time you need to create a survey or question in a certain tool. If you need e.g a multiple-choice question with three other fields, you will have tools where you make that in 1 minute, in one hour or not at all.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu

• Jmantysalo
  • Jmantysalo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
1 year 3 weeks ago #241724 by Jmantysalo
Replied by Jmantysalo on topic Comparing to Surveypal (or other survey system)
I think you got it right. "Can we give up using X and use LimeSurvey instead?" can have different answers. For example if X=REDCap the answer is something like "As a plain survey tool yes, but you need a plugin for automatic invitations and reminders. Otherwise no, LimeSurvey is a plain survey tool, not meant for data manipulation and complicated sharing."

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose