Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

CPDB - field mappings not working at survey level

• blocka
  • blocka's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
1 year 1 month ago #241348 by blocka
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version:  3.28.52+230307
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: Own
Survey theme/template: N/A
==================
I am exploring how the CPDB works. I have created a set of questions in my survey that collect demographic information to build an internal participant panel. I am using the  updateTokenByResponse  plugin to map the responses to matching CPDB attribute fields. This all works perfectly.

When I go to the survey level Survey participants->Display Participants and select the available participants and the click the batch action button "Add participants to central database" and map my survey level attributes to the Existing participant attributes, I click Make these mappings automatic in future. I click Continue, and then I check the CPDB, and the CPDB is successfully populated with the survey level attributes, which is perfect!

However, if return to the survey after a few new survey submissions, which create new records in the participant table, and then use the "Add participants to central database" option, while the interface shows the Pre-mapped attributes -- the attribute values aren't copied from the survey level participant table to the CPDB... I have to delete the mappings, and then re-map them. 

Is this a bug?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
1 year 1 month ago #241423 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic CPDB - field mappings not working at survey level
My opinion : it's a bug.

When you report : don't put updateTokenByResponse plugin information.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

• blocka
  • blocka's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
1 year 1 month ago #241428 by blocka
I'll report it, if I figure out what happened to my bugtracker login!

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose