Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Can the pop-up ("toast") notifications in the admin interface be disabled?

• 35800000's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 5 months ago #233876 by 35800000
Your LimeSurvey version: 5.4.10+221107
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: own
==================
Messages like "Question saved" and "Survey settings were successfully saved" appear in a pop-up bar at the top of the admin interface in response to button clicks, to show success status. They cover links at the top of the page and don't always disappear on their own. This is such a small issue but it's bothered me for years. Is there a setting I'm not seeing that will change the format of these notices so they're not pop-ups? Or to only have them appear when something goes wrong, or disappear quickly? If I click 'save' I will assume that what I asked to be saved will be saved unless I am told otherwise... but of course I don't want to hide them with CSS because I'd miss important error messages.

Feels petty to ask about something so minor on a platform I have used and appreciated for so long. Just hoping someone else who felt the same annoyance has a tip for me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIFI_research

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• tammo
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
1 year 5 months ago #233878 by tammo
I feel the same annoyance as you. This would be something a UI designer would do better: either in a designated space, where it does not overlap with functions that you need or in some other clever way.

The developers of LimeSurvey are very much focused on functionality, but somewhat less on user experience.

When you would want to try to influence them to look at this annoyance, you can best send in an error report at: bugs.limesurvey.org/

You can use the same login details as here on the forum.

Tammo

Tammo ter Hark at Respondage
For Limesurvey reporting, education and customized themes
respondage.nl

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #233919 by holch

I feel the same annoyance as you. This would be something a UI designer would do better: either in a designated space, where it does not overlap with functions that you need or in some other clever way.

Agreed. Same here. annoying and unnecessary. For sure, there are better ways to handle this.

When you made a bug report, please post the link here so we can "push" the request by adding comments.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by holch.

More
1 year 4 months ago #234083 by bismark
I second that. I dont need a success message, but an error message.

More
1 year 4 months ago #234151 by Leithy
I agree with this too, it's very annoying. I've taken the liberty of reporting this in the bug tracker here if you want to add your thoughts:

bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=18506
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu, holch, BIFI_research

• holch
More
1 year 4 months ago #234154 by holch
I commented on it to give it more "weight".

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose