Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Filter participants

• RobMies
  • RobMies's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 6 months ago #232324 by RobMies
Filter participants was created by RobMies
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version: 5.1.18+211101
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: own server
Survey theme/template: fruity
==================
I use one survey, but it is being used for different medical practices. I have made one user per practice who can add/delete/etc. participants.
My problem is that all participants are visible in the participants' list. Not a big problem but this poses a privacy issue (GDPR rules and all that).
Is there a possibility that I can (automatically)  filter out participants belonging to a certain practice?
I have added an extra attribute to the participants, called 'Practice' so I can filter by hand who belongs where, but the problem remains that participants belonging to a different practice could be seen at any time (when deleting the columnfilter on the extra attribute).
The only solution I can see at the moment is to copy the whole survey, per practice. But that feels quite redundant (and time-consuming when something has to change).
I hope there is a solution.
Kind regards,
Rob Mies

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
1 year 6 months ago #232326 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Filter participants
First of all, I highly recommend to update your installation, it hasn't received updates, bug and security fixes for almost a year now. This is also a GDPR issue... ;-)

When you are talking about the "participant list", I assume you are talking about the central participant database (CPDB) / Central participant management?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: RobMies

• holch
More
1 year 6 months ago #232328 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Filter participants
reading again, I guess you are not using the central participant management. I am not too familiar with it, but this might be a solution, because the participants can have a "owner" and I think without "sharing" them, each user has only their list of participants.

However, I think the cleaner approach is to have one survey per medical practice. Usually for the same survey I am not aware of any possibility to filter between participants in the participant list of the same survey dependent on the user.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: RobMies

• RobMies
More
1 year 6 months ago #232331 by RobMies
Replied by RobMies on topic Filter participants
To be honest, I haven't looked into the CPDB yet (i.e. the possibilities of it). I thought it was just an extended view on the users.
But thanks for pointing it out.
And double thanks for the warning on the state if my version. Will surely update a.s.a.p.

• RobMies
More
1 year 6 months ago #232332 by RobMies
Replied by RobMies on topic Filter participants
You are absolutely in the right.
Seperate surveys per practice is a much cleaner approach (although a bit more work to set up) and I won't have to filter out responses based on which practice the belong to.
Many thanks for the reply!

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose