Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Logout Link - Is one available or how can we tap into a logout function?

• cheeseburger
  • cheeseburger's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 9 months ago #218326 by cheeseburger
Hi, a business requirement for our project is to include a logout link for the user. Do you know of an easy way to do this? We used to expire the cookie and redirect to the original survey landing page but many factors of changed since our last project and this no longer seems to be as easy. We were wondering if there was a method we could tap into or a known shortcut that we have yet to find in our research. Thanks

LS Version: 3.27.1
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
2 years 9 months ago #218328 by holch
What do you mean with "logout link"? In the Limesurvey backend? There is a link where users can logout?

Or for survey takes? There is no logout, because they never logged in anywhere.

There is an option for a button "Exit and clear survey".

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • cheeseburger
More
2 years 9 months ago #218343 by cheeseburger
For general non-admin users completing a survey, we had included a logout link after they click submit. Following the form submission, users see the completion page which includes the link to the printable summary of their submitted values. Although the form is submitted, the session remains active so the user can see their summary.

In order for the user to complete the same survey again (our particular case provides one survey with multiple tokens and single users can complete the survey more than once with different tokens) we need to log them out of the previous session or LS serves a warning stating that the previous session is still active.

By including a logout link, we used to expire (delete) the cookie and redirect user to the token input field where they would then key in a new token and complete their second survey.

So in this scenario, the "logout" is really an "end session".
  • DenisChenu
More
2 years 9 months ago #218347 by DenisChenu
Logout link anywhere :

Surveylink&newtest=Y

For example <a href="/12354?newtest=Y">Logout</a>
No confirmation.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • cheeseburger
More
2 years 9 months ago #218354 by cheeseburger
Denis this is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for! I was trying various URL segments to trigger the "logout" related methods and was tracing code but hadn't figured this out. Thank you!

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose