Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Send response to mail address after complete?

• pmonstad
  • pmonstad's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #141978 by pmonstad
I'm not sure if this is possible and how it can be done. I ask here and hope for an answer.

I have made a short survey, more correct a form, without tokens (tokens are not an option here). This form should be sent to one or more mails when form is submitted. The possible mail addresses (names) are selected from a question (multiple choice). In this list human names are visible and chosen. User choose which ones who have to receive the response.

I don't know how it is possible to link the name with a mail address (hidden question somewhere?) and then send to the receivers.

I hope you understand what I want to do. Is it possible?
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 6 months ago #141982 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Send response to mail address after complete?
Try placing Expression Manager IF statement(s) in the Admin Notification setting.

Something like this (untested):

Code:
{if(Q1_SQ001 == 'Y', 'example@example.com', '')}

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • pmonstad
More
7 years 6 months ago #141997 by pmonstad
Replied by pmonstad on topic Send response to mail address after complete?
But this will only check if an answer is Yes (Q1_SQ001) and then send notification to example@example.com? I need to send mail to a value found in a hidden question (I think). I have a dropdown menu (or even better a multiple choice question) where the values are found.

Select a name, and then pick a mail address and feed into Admin Notification setting. Could that be done?
More
7 years 6 months ago #142001 by jelo

pmonstad wrote: I need to send mail to a value found in a hidden question (I think). I have a dropdown menu (or even better a multiple choice question) where the values are found.

Tpartner showed you an example. Nobody except you knows what your current survey looks like.
A dropdown menu in LimeSurvey would mean single choice.
When using a multiple-choice question you will need to handle the situation, that more than one email-address has to be placed into the email field. Can be easy, can be tricky. If a single email-address can be send with a trailing semicolon it will be easy.
Since more than one email-address are separated via semicolon (;) - eg "yourname@test.com; myname@test.com;hisname@test.com" you then can put them all together:
{if(Q1_SQ001 == 'Y', 'example@example.com;', '')}{if(Q1_SQ002 == 'Y', 'example2@example.com;', '')}{if(Q1_SQ003 == 'Y', 'example@example.com;', '')}etc.
Still need some testing and tweaking.
Feel free to attach the survey here. And tell us what version/build of LimeSurvey you use. There might be bugs or issued which are version/build specific.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • pmonstad
More
7 years 6 months ago #142004 by pmonstad
Thanks! I will test this and let you know. I am running very latest 2.5.x.
  • pmonstad
More
7 years 6 months ago #142005 by pmonstad
Just one thing: I am fully aware there are possible many answers to my query, but is it possible to pick the mail addresses from a hidden question? The problem is it is tricky to maintain this when adding/editing/removing mail addresses as I have to edit the if statements in the settings. If possible it is a lot easier to maintain if I can edit a question. If there is a way to compare answer from Q1 with a matrix Q2 (one column with possible names and second column with mail address) and put result in the Admin Notify field it would probably solve this.
More
7 years 6 months ago #142009 by jelo

pmonstad wrote: If there is a way to compare answer from Q1 with a matrix Q2 (one column with possible names and second column with mail address) and put result in the Admin Notify field it would probably solve this.

I don't know why you need a matrix question. If you use a hidden question you can choose another multiple-choice with email-addresses as answers.
You can use the default answers to tick the items in the hidden question when they are ticked in the displayed multiple-choice question.
You even can create the string via a equation question and put the result into the admin field.
The more complex your approach is the more issues might arise. Good luck.

• pmonstad
More
7 years 6 months ago #142070 by pmonstad
Perhaps I can solve this in a different way. Now I have made a question q1 (a drop down menu with answers like):

Paul: paul@example.com
Mary: Mary@example.com
John: john@example.com

Now I want to extract the mail address from the selected answer and insert this into the Admin notify settings. I hope this was a bit more spesific than my first question. I guess there have to be some javascript code here, and perhaps a hidden question to put the value into? Anyone who see any solution? I am not a programmer so I really need help here...
More
7 years 6 months ago #142076 by jelo

pmonstad wrote: Anyone who see any solution?

It's getting more complicated for coders

Tpartner showed a simple way to do it.
You prefer having the email selection done in a question, instead of the settings.
To do this, you can use the Tpartner approach and put it into a equation question.
You hide the equation question.
You then put the questioncode of the equation question in the email field in the settings.

Feel free to attach a survey when you got stuck somewhere.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose