Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Custom text fields plugin

• DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 months 2 weeks ago #251160 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Custom text fields plugin
> I imagined it would go under the "Text Elements" tab.

Create a menu when install : gitlab.com/SondagesPro/TokenManagement/T...?ref_type=heads#L837

> I was also hoping with fingers crossed that some of the elements could be established in the survey's group, which would appear by default for each survey in the group, but could be removed or more added etc.

No survey group plugin settings : please report as a new feature. But you can your own settings page : gitlab.com/SondagesPro/TokenManagement/T...?ref_type=heads#L958
Just need to add a link on Survey Groups settings somewhere

>  I was also hoping fingers crossed :-) that the design for boxes containing the text could be established in group settings (or individual survey settings), probably under Theme. Survey Admins could move these boxes around the pages and change text, fonts, colours etc.

No Survey Group settings currently included, but with your own system : you can do it via set function

>  In this screen shot, in the in the Welcome Message you can see that some of the text could also be from dropdowns and multiple choice, but this could be going from "hoping" and "imagining" to "clearly dreaming" 

I do it here : gitlab.com/SondagesPro/TokenManagement/O...?ref_type=heads#L430

But it's 3.X and 5.X compatible, surely not 6.X (not tested)

I hope before offering a quote : you check if the offer is possible… here it seems you ask but don't know limesurvey code before …

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• SolutionsNZ
  • SolutionsNZ's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 months 1 week ago #251197 by SolutionsNZ
Replied by SolutionsNZ on topic Custom text fields plugin
gitlab.com/SondagesPro/TokenManagement/T...?ref_type=heads#L837
and
gitlab.com/SondagesPro/TokenManagement/T...?ref_type=heads#L958

Where should I install this php file? Is just one php file or is it part of a plugin I need to install?

github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/blob/ma.../PluginBase.php#L296

Where do I find this functionality in the site?

gitlab.com/SondagesPro/TokenManagement/O...?ref_type=heads#L430

Where should I install this php file? Is just one php file or is it part of a plugin I need to install?

• DenisChenu
More
6 months 1 week ago #251200 by DenisChenu
I'm not here to learn how to create a LimeSurvey plugin.

Give advice, not more.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .

• SolutionsNZ
More
6 months 1 week ago - 6 months 1 week ago #251206 by SolutionsNZ
Can you speak properly please and give clear instructions not just give a link to a page of PHP with no instructions as to what to do with it and a nonsensical comment.

What I've seen do far is some diabolical coding with no structured thinking and I'm thinking that limesurvey better not be built by this guy.
Last edit: 6 months 1 week ago by SolutionsNZ.

• tpartner
More
6 months 1 week ago #251208 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Custom text fields plugin

Can you speak properly please and give clear instructions not just give a link to a page of PHP with no instructions as to what to do with it and a nonsensical comment.

What I've seen do far is some diabolical coding with no structured thinking and I'm thinking that limesurvey better not be built by this guy.
Calm down! You have to realize that many volunteers here are not speaking in their first language.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

• SolutionsNZ
More
6 months 1 week ago - 6 months 1 week ago #251209 by SolutionsNZ
Look I'm here to get things done not put up with half assed BS. This software is bullshit frankly and I will not be nice to someone with zero professional standards simply because he can't speak English 

• Joffm
More
6 months 1 week ago - 6 months 1 week ago #251221 by Joffm
Replied by Joffm on topic Custom text fields plugin
Well,
we used nine days to tell you how to install this plugin, though you didn't know if this plugin is suitable for your wishes.

There appears to be nothing in the plugin settings or within the surveys themselves that allow me to create additional text fields for a survey (or have I completely misunderstood what the purpose of this plugin was?)

In your very first post you linked to a thread where @marcgold showed his extension of the plugin.
Did you try?

@Denis told you already that "no survey group settings wewre included"

Oh, please. You know the website with @Denis` plugins.
So you should have been able to find it there
[url] gitlab.com/SondagesPro/TokenManagement/TokenUsersListAndManage [/url]

@Denis was so kind to show you the highlighted lines of code which may be of interest.

Where do I find this functionality in the site?

As you see in the link, here
/limesurvey/application/libraries/PluginManager/PluginBase.php

With a little bit of initiative you would have found everything.

And to end:

This software is bullshit frankly

Feel free to use something else.

I will not be nice to someone with zero professional standards simply because he can't speak English 

This is not the tone we are used to here.

Since English is not my native language, I won't try to explain anything further.

Only this:
You had a request that is not part of LimeSurvey.
Keep in mind that these plugins were mostly developed by the authors for their own specific purposes.
Nevertheless, they are kind enough to make them available to others. There is no guarantee that your wishes will be fulfilled.
But you can extend them, adapt them, whatever you want.

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
Last edit: 6 months 1 week ago by Joffm.

• DenisChenu
More
6 months 1 week ago - 6 months 1 week ago #251226 by DenisChenu

I hope before offering a quote : you check if the offer is possible… here it seems you ask but don't know limesurvey code before …
It's YOUR client, it's YOUR issue.

Not mine.

PS : It's not a writing flaw in English. It's intentional, I'm not on the forum to code for others (I do that enough), only to give hints.

Last edit: 6 months 1 week ago by DenisChenu. Reason: PS

• SolutionsNZ
More
6 months 1 week ago - 6 months 1 week ago #251234 by SolutionsNZ
Its normal to see coders with either a bad attitude or bad skills, but not often to have both of those things, especially one who's on the make for cash despite being noone I'd trust, and boy he seems angry about being angry.

Hopefully limesurvey has other people who can code this properly for people without the drama, this coding is a complete train wreck

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose