Using Equation-question to set an answer

More
1 week 2 days ago #217003 by Haris.Pap
Hi everyone

Does OfflineSurveys offer support for equation questions?
In my attached survey, the logic of the equation question does not seem to work, although the survey has been tested successfully with LimeSurvey 3.26.2.

Thanks, Haris
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 days 23 hours ago #217119 by holch
Without having tested your survey, my guess would be that the problem lies in the fact that Offline surveys needs to use the survey basically in "all on one page" mode (despite displaying it differently).

Many equations won't work if on the same page as the questions they depend on.

My guess would be that this is the problem: You test it in question by question or group by group mode and it works, but when using it in Offline surveys it won't because it is "all in one" mode basically.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
6 days 22 hours ago #217120 by Haris.Pap
Thanks! However, it works well in LimeSurvey when the survey is displayed in "all in one" mode (same as in OfflineSurveys).
  • Doesn't that mean that an Equation question can set answer(s) either on page-change or survey-submission?
  • What else might be causing this different behaviour?

More
6 days 20 hours ago #217121 by holch
Hmmm, I don't know. I don't have a Offline Surveys installation at the moment to test.

What I could imagine is that in Offline Surveys the equations are 100% based on Javascript and with the question hidden, it might not be possible to write into it. But I am really just guessing now.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now