Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Error in FTP permission to upload file

• lfanfoni
  • lfanfoni's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 1 month ago #194159 by lfanfoni
Error in FTP permission to upload file was created by lfanfoni
Hi,
I am trying again to configure the synchronization of my offline survey using my ftp account.
This ftp account points to the root of my website, and I have no way of changing the pointing. This ftp account points to the root of my website, and I have no way of changing the pointing. So I can't go directly to "limesurvey_root_folder/upload/surveys".
I tried to define a sub-folder of my website root with the SURVEY_ID name, exactly as the subfolder. "limesurvey_root_folder/upload/surveys/<survey_id>", but it always results in the same error (see screenshot).

In the manual I've read that "You can setup your FTP connection to point at an alternative location (other than limesurvey_root_folder/upload/surveys.)", but I imagine it's necessary a subfolder named with SURVEY_ID.
Can someone help me?

Thanks

Luciano

Se mi vuoi contattare, non mandare messaggi privati qui, bensì scrivi a lfanfoni at gmail.com
Per le livestream in italiano vai su: www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOSjjxAG9...SiiCsSz_JxIH7xJwLdPd
Le soluzioni LimeSurvey per l'Italia si trovano su: github.com/lfanfoni
The topic has been locked.
More
4 years 1 week ago #195525 by aaskoura
Replied by aaskoura on topic Error in FTP permission to upload file
Hi,
FTP connection tries to navigate to a folder with name {survey_id} if not it will try to create it first... if connection has no permission to create folders (and folder doesn't exist) then a similar error like the one you posted will be fired...
  • lfanfoni
  • lfanfoni's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 1 week ago #195574 by lfanfoni
Replied by lfanfoni on topic Error in FTP permission to upload file
I have verified that this is a limitation of my provider's ftp account.
This ftp account only allows me to access a root on which I have no write permission.
With an ftp client I can navigate from this root and reach my website and my limesurvey installation, but with a remote access command, such as the one attempted with OfflineSurveys, I can only reach the root.
It's not a problem with OfflineSurveys.

Se mi vuoi contattare, non mandare messaggi privati qui, bensì scrivi a lfanfoni at gmail.com
Per le livestream in italiano vai su: www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOSjjxAG9...SiiCsSz_JxIH7xJwLdPd
Le soluzioni LimeSurvey per l'Italia si trovano su: github.com/lfanfoni

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose