Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

New with Offline Surveys

• ReenaAyodheea
  • ReenaAyodheea's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 5 months ago #190524 by ReenaAyodheea
New with Offline Surveys was created by ReenaAyodheea
Hello,

We are new to offline surveys. We actually work with Lime desktop and web version and interested with the offline version for face to face interviews. From the web, I understood that the free version will only allow 10 interviews to be recorded and can be used in one device only. The paid version allows for unlimited installation in multiple devices, multiple surveys allowed and more than 10 interviews allowed.

I downloaded the app and survey on my mobile, it worked well. But I could not add the survey to another device- is it because it is a free version ?

Regards and Thank you,

Reena Ayodheea
The topic has been locked.
More
4 years 5 months ago #190527 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic New with Offline Surveys

ReenaAyodheea wrote: We actually work with Lime desktop and web version

What is the Lime desktop version?

For more infos, take a look at the website of the developer of the app:
www.offlinesurveys.com/

To the moderators: Please move this thread to the Offline Survey section:
www.limesurvey.org/forum/offline-surveys-android-app

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • ReenaAyodheea
  • ReenaAyodheea's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 5 months ago #190529 by ReenaAyodheea
Replied by ReenaAyodheea on topic New with Offline Surveys
version 17020
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 5 months ago #190547 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic New with Offline Surveys
Hi

OfflineSurvey is intersting only if you don't have web access, public survey can be easily done direcly with phone browser.

Else : i move this topic …

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • holch
More
4 years 5 months ago #190587 by holch
Replied by holch on topic New with Offline Surveys
I recommend, just like Jelo, to read the website of the provider.

As far as I know, the free version can basically do anything the full version can do, but has a few limitations.

The only limits of the free version is:

Get a license key to upgrade your OfflineSurveys app to use these PRO features:
✔ Remove "Sync Responses" limit (20 responses)
✔ Remove "Lock Survey" & "Lock App" limit (10 responses)

So if you want to sync the responses directly to Limesurvey, you will have to purchase a license. Otherwise there are other ways to get your responses but they are less comfortable (e.g. Exporting them on the device and then importing them to your Limesurvey server). As far as I remember, this limit is per device (smartphone/tablet used). So if your interviewers do more than 20 interviews on a device, you will either have to buy a license, or do the extra work of getting the responses out of the device and on to your server. this additional work alone might be worth investing the 69 Euros for a month. I mean, if you are running an important study, these 69 Euros should be the least of your concern. The time invested by someone manually exporting the results and then manually importing the results again will be more expensive in time than the 69 Euros I guess.

The FAQs explain pretty well how you can work with Offlinesurveys.

The FREE version of Offline Surveys offers nearly the same features like the customized PRO version. The only limitation of the FREE version is a max number of responses that can be synced and surveys that can be locked (max = 10). But there is no limit at OfflineSurveys regarding:

the number of surveys you can use
the number of questions at your surveys
the number of Android multimedia questions you can use
the number of responses you can collect
features for exporting and emailing responses
We are only charging for features required by enterprises (AutoSync and Kiosk Mode)

So you can use Offlinesurveys with out real limitations (as many surveys, questions, responses, etc as you want, etc.). You just pay for comfort functions like the AutoSync and the Kiosk mode. Sounds more than fair to me.

If you have constant internet connection, you don't even need Offlinesurveys, as Denis mentioned.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose