Cookies - Information notice

More
1 year 8 months ago #177137 by advanz_lu
Hello everybody,

these days websites are getting paranoid about cookies and the "do you accept cookies" messages are now everywhere.

LS *needs* cookies to manage the survey workflow.

I was wondering if there was an easier way (a new option in the 'data policy settings' ?) to inform the user that the cookies that are being sent are "essential" for LS to work properly - other than making a manual note on the introduction page to a survey?

Thanks,

-Graham-
The topic has been locked.
LimeSurvey Partners
More
1 year 8 months ago #177145 by DenisChenu
If i don't make error : GDPR accept session cookies without information.

GPDR in LimeSurvey is more related to : «What do you do with the data»

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development . I don't answer to private message.
More
1 year 8 months ago #177152 by DenisChenu
Arg … looking at this picture : en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EPrivacy_Regulatio...ENS_architecture.jpg

Seems administration want to track all action of citizen … I'm unsure if i prefer to be tracked by company or by governement … ;)

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development . I don't answer to private message.
More
1 year 8 months ago #177158 by DenisChenu

jelo wrote:

DenisChenu wrote: Seems administration want to track all action of citizen

I don't see a direct connection between the ePrivacy regulation and your statement. That depends on the country.

Yes, but eRegulation give Eu rights on this :

See eBusiness Life cycle (use case) for citizen : documents goes to Public administration + Justice + Health and come back ?

If i buy a book on any e-coomerce, why it can need a call to gov ?

More
1 year 8 months ago #177159 by advanz_lu
Before this discussion get's too theoretical - when you go to www.oxfordscholarship.com/view/10.1093/o...0190685515-chapter-2
you see the cookie message at the top of the screen.

My original question was whether it would be a good idea to have an option that "simply" puts a banner like this to tell people - "In order to take this survey, you are agreeing to our use of cookies."
Then this banner can disappear on the next question screen.

Thanks for the various links and information - very useful and interesting !

-Graham-
More
1 year 8 months ago #177162 by advanz_lu
Good point
Will do

Thanks!
More
1 year 8 months ago #177168 by DenisChenu
The only times we REALLY need a cookie agreement : usage of (awfull) Google tracking system.

And maybe : we must disable it if Do not track is enabled on browser (a bug to be reported ?)

More
1 year 8 months ago #177188 by DenisChenu

jelo wrote: So someone might be able to track back usage of a browser with LimeSurvey at a certain time.

Only with broken browser then : cookies can not be read by another website without browser consent.

jelo wrote: Currently I have no overview of all cookies possibly set. Timer questions use additional cookies?

Keep a wiki page with all cookies set at any point of LimeSuvey usage, might be useful for many things.

Yes, good point.

1. I never use cookies system in LimeSurvey because when i really need one response : i use token (cookie : lol … )
2. You're right : timing question use cookies

I think too it's the only 2 cookies excpet google tracking.

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now