Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Responses are not saved, even though token summary shows survey completed

• chiptd
  • chiptd's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #126845 by chiptd
Hello, all.

I'm using Limesurvey Version 2.06+ Build 150930
The installation (on a Hostgator account) went without incident.
I have built the survey. I'm using tokens.

If I generate a dummy token and use the data entry feature to execute the survey, the response shows up as a "full response" in the "response summary" for the survey (as expected).

If I create a participant in the database, create a token for the participant, the participant email receives the invitation to take the survey. When I complete the survey, the "token summary" is updated as expected -- "total invitations sent" is incremented by one, and "total surveys completed" is incremented by one. However, the "response summary" is unchanged -- the numbers of "full responses", "incomplete responses", and "total responses" are unchanged. I *do* receive the notification email at the administrator account that the participant has completed the survey.
I am attaching the logic file.

Thanks for any assistance!
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 6 months ago #126940 by DenisChenu
Look at your survey settings :

If you "Allow.... update responses with one token?" to yes, it's the desired behaviour.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • chiptd
More
8 years 6 months ago #126964 by chiptd
Thank you for the quick response.

The "Allow... update responses with one token" setting you mentioned was previously set to "No". I changed it to "Yes" and do not see any change to the behavior described in the original post. The participant receives the invitation, clicks the link to execute the survey, completes the survey, and the administrator receives an email that the participant has completed the survey. The "token summary" counters increment, showing the invitation has been responded to by completing the survey. The "response summary" counters are unchanged. When I display the responses, the only responses shown are the test responses I entered using dummy tokens, via the "data entry" facility.

Additional information: In the notification email sent to the administrator upon completion by the participant, clicking the link to "see the individual response" results in a "Bad Request" webpage with the following message:
Bad Request
Your request is invalid.
The request could not be understood by the server due to malformed syntax. Please do not repeat the request without modifications.

The link in the notification email is as follows:
Click the following link to see the individual response: www.corridordance.org/limesurvey/index.p...w/surveyid/582147/id .

Thanks again.
  • DenisChenu
More
8 years 6 months ago #126966 by DenisChenu
For the bad request : i think it's: a biug already fixed OR a bug not fixed actually.

For the response : did you try "export" whole response ?

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
  • chiptd
More
8 years 6 months ago #126972 by chiptd
I have tried exporting all responses (as CSV and HTML). The only responses exported are those entered through the "data entry", not the responses submitted through a participant invitation email link.

Thanks again for the quick response! I'm anxious to get this working as soon as possible, so your assistance is greatly appreciated.
  • DenisChenu
More
8 years 6 months ago #126973 by DenisChenu

chiptd wrote: .....limesurvey/index.php/admin/responses/sa/view/surveyid/582147/id

There are no id after ?

Are you sure it's the same link (domain) ? Same surveyid ? etc ...

I don't understand what happen here...

• chiptd
More
8 years 6 months ago #126979 by chiptd
Yes, that is the URL in the notification email:
www.corridordance.org/limesurvey/index.p...w/surveyid/582147/id

The URL when I log in as administrator is as follows:
corridordance.org/limesurvey/index.php/a...view/surveyid/582147

I gather the URL in the notification email is malformed. Might there be an issue with the survey template? The survey uses a modified copy of the vallendar template. The copy replaces the default "your logo here" with a different image.

Thanks again!
  • chiptd
More
8 years 6 months ago #126984 by chiptd
I tried the survey using the default template. No change in behavior -- still the same (malformed?) URL in the notification email, "token summary" shows it as completed, "response summary" is unchanged.
  • DenisChenu
More
8 years 6 months ago #126988 by DenisChenu
No,

Template can not broke survey at this point ...

Track down error:
  1. Create a new surveywith one question
  2. Activate token
  3. Set the admin email
  4. Try to see if you have the same behaviours

ANd more : do a test with the first survey too but with debug mode : manual.limesurvey.org/Debug_mode

• chiptd
More
8 years 6 months ago #126999 by chiptd
Well, this is the sort of development that drives software engineers crazy.
I set the debug flag to "1" and repeated the experiment (original survey), and the response was saved as expected.
I set the debug flag back to "0" and repeated the experiment, and the response was again saved as expected.
I have no explanation for why, but the survey appears to work completely as expected.
The URL in the notification email to the administrator works correctly also.
Thanks for all of your very prompt assistance.
  • DenisChenu
More
8 years 6 months ago #127007 by DenisChenu
Set debug to 1 and after to 0 can reset the js cache : bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=9845

Something other ?

Like you said : drive me crazy ....

More
8 years 4 months ago #129382 by Msantos
Were you able to retrieve those responses back? I'm having the same problem and we are in the field right now. Can you someone explain in lay person terms what I need to do to fix this? Please and thank you.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose