ComfortUpdate PHP Error

More
3 years 9 months ago #141918 by tamase
Hi!
I am receiving PHP Errors when I want to execute the comfortupdate, I am in Version 2.06+ Build 150731:

Undefined property: stdClass::$title (/var/www/html/application/views/admin/update/updater/welcome/_subscribe.php:7)

#0 /var/www/html/application/views/admin/update/updater/welcome/_subscribe.php(7): LSYii_Application->handleError()
#1 /var/www/html/framework/web/CBaseController.php(126): require()
#2 /var/www/html/framework/web/CBaseController.php(95): AdminController->renderInternal()
#3 /var/www/html/framework/web/CController.php(869): AdminController->renderFile()
#4 /var/www/html/application/controllers/admin/update.php(459): AdminController->renderPartial()
#5 /var/www/html/application/controllers/admin/update.php(99): update->_renderWelcome()
#6 unknown(0): update->getwelcome()
#7 /var/www/html/framework/web/actions/CAction.php(108): ReflectionMethod->invokeArgs()
#8 /var/www/html/application/core/Survey_Common_Action.php(99): update->runWithParamsInternal()
#9 /var/www/html/framework/web/CController.php(308): update->runWithParams()
#10 /var/www/html/framework/web/CController.php(286): AdminController->runAction()
#11 /var/www/html/framework/web/CController.php(265): AdminController->runActionWithFilters()
#12 /var/www/html/application/controllers/AdminController.php(164): AdminController->run()
#13 /var/www/html/framework/web/CWebApplication.php(282): AdminController->run()
#14 /var/www/html/framework/web/CWebApplication.php(141): LSYii_Application->runController()
#15 /var/www/html/framework/base/CApplication.php(184): LSYii_Application->processRequest()
#16 /var/www/html/index.php(211): LSYii_Application->run()

any ideas?
Thanks,
Tom
The topic has been locked.
LimeSurvey Partners
  • LouisGac
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3 years 9 months ago #141920 by LouisGac
Replied by LouisGac on topic ComfortUpdate PHP Error
can you still see the input for the comfortUpdate key? If yes, just enter you comfortUpdate key and do the update.
More
3 years 9 months ago #141921 by tamase
Replied by tamase on topic ComfortUpdate PHP Error
sorry I don´t understand, which input do you mean, and which key? I´ve never done the comfortupdate before...thanks a lot
  • LouisGac
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3 years 9 months ago #141924 by LouisGac
  • LouisGac
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3 years 9 months ago #141926 by LouisGac
About your bug, please, turn off debug mode in config.php to be able to insert your comfortUpdate key.
More
3 years 9 months ago #141927 by tamase
thanks a lot, now I am getting:

To use comfortUpdate for LTS version, you need to subscribe to a Premium Package. Free keys are not accepted.

Sorry, don´t even know what LTS version means :(
More
3 years 9 months ago #141928 by tamase
okay, now I understand :( so I better leave the comfortupdate...

www.limesurvey.org/blog/69-limesurvey-ne...e-to-subscribers-now

As announced in your previous blog post the 2.06LTS (Long Term Support) version is now available!
Please note that this version is available on ComfortUpdate and release package download only to our Premium Package subscribers.
This LTS version is only meant for existing users of LimeSurvey 2.06 - if you are a new user please download and use the latest Version 2.50 instead.
  • LouisGac
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #141930 by LouisGac
LTS version exists for professional users who needs to stay on 2.06 (because of custom templates, custom plugins, custom workarounds, etc).

It cost us time and money to maintain it for professionals, that's why we push them to subscribe (because not so many professional users of LimeSurvey are doing donation). If we have enough donation, comfortUpdate and access to LTS would be free. That's up to the community.

If you're not a professional, and just want to update for free, you can update to 2.5. It's very reliable and stable now.
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by LouisGac.
More
3 years 9 months ago #141931 by tamase
okay thanks a lot four the excellent explanation

you are right with the update to 2.5 but my collegues are afraid that a lot of things changed in the new version (interface etc.), so we stay with 2.06 for the moment
  • LouisGac
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3 years 9 months ago #141932 by LouisGac
So, you should just subscribe to a package.
Some major security issues have been fixed in 2.06lts.
More
3 years 9 months ago #141933 by tamase
hm okay and how does that work?
  • LouisGac
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3 years 9 months ago #141935 by LouisGac
Well, when subscribing to a package, you'll have a premium key, which allow to update to 2.06lts.
We port to 2.06lts all the security fixes, and the most important bugs found on 2.5 (many bugs found on 2.5 also apply to 2.06).

see: www.limesurvey.org/forum/news/102757-lim...ity-advisory-10-2015
More
3 years 9 months ago #141936 by tamase
we are on Version 2.06+ Build 150731

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now