Key: "Valid until: Expired!" + "Remaining updates: 38" => must still be valid!!!

More
3 years 10 months ago #141099 by routard
Hi,
About one year ago, I purchased a 6 months Premium Package. When I bought, I was said that as long as I have remaining updates, I woud be able to update, even after 6 months. Today things seem to have change and I can't update any more... This is not fair and do not correspond to what I bought. I would appreciate that my key is reactivated or I won't buy premium package anymore...
Your soft and your job are great, I was absolutely OK to pay when we had to pay for the automatic updates, but as it becomes really expensive with limited time (€10 per month), not sure to continue!
Regards
The topic has been locked.
LimeSurvey Partners
More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #141194 by holch
I am in no way involved with Limesurvey GmbH, which is responsible for the comfort update. So this is how I personally understand what you are getting.

When does the Comfortupdate key expire?
A key expires either if the expiration date has reached or the maximum number of uses for that key has been reached. One use is spent when you use ComfortUpdate to update to the latest version/build.
Can I use the same key with several LimeSurvey installations?
Yes, you can. Again, please note that each key has a maximum number of uses/updates assigned to it. See the previous FAQ item.

So there are two limits to a package: time and number of updates.
Your package expires when you reach the end of the period or run out of updates. So it actually suprises me that your 6 month package, that you bought 1 year ago, did only expire now.

In short:
You pass 6 months but still have updates left --> expired
You are within the 6 months but have reached 60 updates --> expired

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by holch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
The topic has been locked.

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now