Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Entering the next question without pushing the forward button

• Spread
  • Spread's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 10 months ago #95770 by Spread
Hey, I do have a questionaire where I needed to design different surveys as different questions sets in order to put participants randomly to one of 13 surveys. Now I need to show the questions 1 by 1 and here comes my question: is there an option to lead the people to the following questions as soon as they entered any possible answer to the question before? Otherwise the people need to click twice for every single question (for example YES and FORWARD)- and there are a lot of questions! I just can think about setting conditions for every single questions but with for example 5 different options to answer, something like 50 questions for every one of the 13 survey versions it will take days to set this up. Does anybody have a smarter solution?

This would be amazing!
Thanks a lot in advance
Kristin
The topic has been locked.
More
10 years 10 months ago #96050 by ahavlik
Hi,
I've just had someone figure this same problem out for me with my Yes/No answers.

<script>
$(function() {
$("#question{QID} input.radio").click(function(){
$("#movenextbtn").click();
});
});
</script>

This worked for me but because on my university server, the administrator had to disable XXS checks in the "Global Settings" to allow javascript to run. I just copy and pasted this code after the code for my image under "Source" and saved it. So where it says {QID}, replace that with the question ID number so it reads question12345.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LudmilaSap
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
10 years 10 months ago #96057 by tpartner

So where it says {QID}, replace that with the question ID number so it reads question12345

In 2.0, if you have the script in the question source, you should be able to leave the {QID} as is. This placeholder will automatically be replaced with the parent question ID.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose