Can I create my own import file?

More
8 years 4 months ago #81266 by RBornat
Sorry for previous mumblings.

Have found the patch file. Have downloaded it.

git am doesn't like it because I don't have em_javascript.js ...

Applying: New Feature Import and Export from a new Excel format with one row each per group, question, sub-question, and answer; and no dependence upon SGQA naming
/Users/richard/Sites/LimeSurvey/.git/rebase-apply/patch:144: space before tab in indent.
}
/Users/richard/Sites/LimeSurvey/.git/rebase-apply/patch:145: space before tab in indent.
if (substr($this->data, 0, 8) != IDENTIFIER_OLE) {
/Users/richard/Sites/LimeSurvey/.git/rebase-apply/patch:148: space before tab in indent.
}
/Users/richard/Sites/LimeSurvey/.git/rebase-apply/patch:271: space before tab in indent.
$pos = $block * SMALL_BLOCK_SIZE;
/Users/richard/Sites/LimeSurvey/.git/rebase-apply/patch:725: space before tab in indent.
var $rowInfo = array();
warning: squelched 4 whitespace errors
warning: 9 lines add whitespace errors.
Applying: Dev add support for EM get() Dev adapted from proposal by tacman
error: classes/expressions/em_javascript.js: does not exist in index
Patch failed at 0002 Dev add support for EM get() Dev adapted from proposal by tacman
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 4 months ago #81283 by TMSWhite
I've never tried merging a pull request into a different fork. There's probably a way to do it, but I don't know the details.

Another option is to clone this LimeSurvey fork and checkout the 192_dev branch. However, you should only do that on your development machine. You should stick with the main branch when you are ready to run the surveys in production.
More
8 years 4 months ago #81297 by RBornat
Thanks for your help, but I'll probably pass on the .xls route for now, especially if it means using a development version. At least I learnt something about git :-).

I'll stop posting (such) naive messages and try getting that karma score up a little.
More
8 years 4 months ago #81298 by RBornat
I think I'm about to do the same thing. If you had some code (just for the xml output stuff) in any recognisable programming language that you could put in a dropbox somewhere ...

I'd give you my email address, but I'm not sure it's within the rules of these forums, and limesurvey is so useful I don't want to ruffle any feathers.
More
8 years 4 months ago #81299 by TMSWhite

RBornat wrote: Thanks for your help, but I'll probably pass on the .xls route for now, especially if it means using a development version.

The 192_dev branch is exactly the same as 1.92+ stable - it just has some extra features that didn't get into 1.92 before the feature freeze date.

I happen to use it for my own production use, but I can't officially recommend it as that. So, if you really need the Excel import/export now, you can do development on that branch, and once done, export as .lss and import that .lss into a 1.92+ production environment. Alternatively, you can do development in 2.0 (which has the Excel import/export features), export the .lss, and import that into a 1.92+ production environment.

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now